Monday, April 28, 2014

37 Weeks & Nursery Unveil

How far along? 37 Weeks
Vegetable equivalent (according to What to Expect iPhone app): Watermelon
Total weight gain/loss:  27 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Of course! Nothing new - I'm in the homestretch here and excited to be wearing normal clothes again!
Best moment this week: I'm soaking up the last few weekends Clint and I are "just us two" - so really just the simple moments we have together going for walks, going out to dinner and laying by the pool.
Miss Anything: Sitting comfortably ... not peeing every twenty minutes ... but wouldn't trade those grumbles for anything. We are SO excited to meet our little man! 
Movement:Yes, but it's still more rolls and jabs. I can tell he's running out of room!
Food cravings: Bananas, PDQ Chocolate malts, Starburst jelly beans
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, but I can't eat a LOT of food at once anymore.
Labor Signs: Some cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, but no "real" signs of labor.
Belly Button in or out? Flat
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( And the swelling unfortunately hasn't gotten any better. My ankle swelling Friday of last week was horrific, my ankles looked like wrinkled tree trunks! Elevating my feet and resting when possible helps immensely. I had to buy some additional flats because I was down to only one pair of shoes I could still wear. No one told me about that unpleasant pregnancy side effect ...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and ready! We can't wait to meet you Baby Borm!
Looking forward to: Learning how to be a parent alongside Clint. Together I know we are going to make a great team raising this awesome little boy.

As for the nursery ... we've wrapped up most of the details and I'm really happy how it came together. It wasn't necessarily a theme that we put together intentionally, but the overall feel of the nursery is exactly what we wanted: comfortable, traditional and preppy. We found the bedding and lamps at Pottery Barn Kids, the nursery chair at Haverty's, pouf from Plow & Hearth, baskets from Michaels, and shelves from HomeGoods. The posters (bible verse, golf silhouette with father/son & golf courses) are all from Etsy, same with the monogram. No, we still haven't 100% decided on a name but the middle name and last name are set in stone. Let's hope that we stick with one of our B names for his first name so I don't have to order a new monogram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment