On to the weekly update:
Vegetable equivalent (according to What to Expect iPhone app): Pineapple - So I ask myself, with or without the top?
Total weight gain/loss: 22 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Still yes.
Best moment this week: Without a doubt the baby shower followed by a delicious dinner experience at Bern's Steakhouse.
Miss Anything: This is getting rough. I had a blood pressure scare this week, where my legs suddenly swelled and then my blood pressure rose quickly too. I left work and headed to the doctor, who recommended they monitor me for now. Then I've been suffering from dizziness for the majority of the week at various spurts. So, to sum things up I know I'm toward the end here but I just miss feeling normal.
Movement: Yes, he's one active little guy. I can tell he really likes certain foods and after the dessert room at Bern's he was very active. We both loved the Macadamia Ice Cream Sundae :)
Food cravings: Nothing new this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, I've felt nauseous quite a few times. I wonder if this is the dreaded third trimester nausea?
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Flat! My friend Whitney and I were laughing about this at my baby shower this week. Pregnancy does some funny things to your belly button, that's for sure.
Wedding rings on or off? I am sticking to wearing my band only most of the time now. I have noticed swelling at random times in my hands and feet and I really don't want to have to cut my rings off at any point.
Happy or Moody most of the time: All of the above. And sleepy. Maternity leave planning has begun, which is very stressful because I want to ensure I leave my teammates in a good place and get as much done as possible before Baby Borm comes.
Weekly Wisdom: Like expected, I got a lot of great advice from my mom, mother-in-law and friends at my baby shower this weekend. The funniest advice Clint and I got was the realization about how many times to change diapers. We thought it was much less often than we originally thought, which brought a lot of laughs! (In a game for the shower we said 3 times per day, and my friends kindly corrected me it can be up to 10 times per day).
Looking forward to: Clint has his 30th birthday this week, which admittedly will probably be less exciting than it would if I wasn't close to 9 months pregnant, but of course I am excited to celebrate with him. And now ... the countdown is ON! Baby Borm's arrival is the next milestone to get excited for!
No comments:
Post a Comment